The outbreak of Ebola virus has created furor in the society. People are being sceptically about their travel plans. Since this virus is fatal, most of the travelers are either cancelling their expeditions or postponing the same. Ebola virus is rapidly spreading in Australia and if precautions are not followed, it can affect other countries too. But, there is no need to panic while traveling. You can simply apply practical approach to avoid coming in contact with Ebola virus. In India, it is seen that hygiene has been taken for granted by most of the people. But, it is very important to stay in a hygienic atmosphere and maintain cleanliness around you. This will keep a check on spreading of diseases.
You must keep your hands clean always by washing them or applying hand sanitizer to them. Ebola virus is spreading in developed countries also; so, one has to be careful while traveling. A Self-Drive trip can be enjoyed when your health is intact.
The common symptoms for Ebola virus attack are: high fever, headache, stomach pain, weakness, sore throat, lack of appetite and joint/muscle pain. Following are few of the precautions to be taken while traveling in order to be safe from the attack of Ebola virus:
- Carrying a mini bottle of liquid hand-wash or hand sanitizers is highly recommended while traveling.
- You must avoid coming in contact with skin or bodily fluids of an animal diagnosed with Ebola virus.
- Jungle safari must be carefully planned. If you are an animal lover, make sure the animals are not affected by Ebola virus before actually touching them. Even though, affected animals are kept away from other animals, but, in case, you want to be assured, the forest authorities can be contacted.
- Hygienic living is the key to stay protected from this virus that spreads from animals to human beings. Especially when you are traveling, it is crucial to stay safe from getting infected by Ebola virus.
- Washing your hands frequently is highly recommended because you come across all types of microbes through various sources while traveling.
- Avoid junk food or eating fruits directly plucked from the jungle during safari.
If you follow these precautions, you will definitely enjoy your self-drive trip without worrying about Ebola virus.