In the midst of summer season, when self-drive trip is being planned, travellers need to be extra cautious. It further means that hot season may bring along several situations which can make it tough to travel continuously. Be it increased heat, humidity or scorching sun rays, you have to stay equipped with items which can come to your rescue. Sunscreen lotion, shades, ample of water stock and cooling storage containers which keep water chilled; can be listed among top things to be carried along when leaving for self-drive trip.
Moreover, in order to avoid getting affected by heat stroke, it is essential to book an accommodation and take a halt. You are recommended to take a halt and check in at the accommodation before actually proceeding with your self-drive trip. Besides, when you are enjoying road trip, then, it is essential to choose proper time to travel. In other words, you must avoid planning self-drive trip in the hot hours. It is apparent that extreme heat can act as a spoilsport when you are going for self-drive trip. Few of the additional points of significance to be kept in mind prior to leaving for the trip are:
- Identify the estimate hours of travel and route for self-drive trip. This prerequisite will give you a rough idea about halts, how to go ahead with stopovers as well as journey and likewise. Estimation of route helps you in choosing smooth pathways. Alternatively, you will also get familiar with the fact how to avoid traffic during peak hours.
- The functioning of car should be checked in advance. Quantity of fuel, filters, belts and other parts of the vehicle need to be examined before actually proceeding with self-drive trip. This will help you in keeping out unfortunate incidents of improper functioning of car.
- Indicators of car play a vital role in avoiding accidents and maintaining distance between two vehicles. In the summer season, you will get irritated soon if any case of collision with cars takes place. Hence, you ought to ensure that indicators are functioning properly.
- Tyres and other spare parts must be carried along so that in case of need, you can fix the problem instantly. Additionally, it should be made sure that wipers of the car are functioning rightly.
- If you or your family members have an issue of motion sickness, then, make sure that you are carrying emergency kit with you. During summers, self-drive trip may attract several issues along with motion-sickness, thus, you need to be prepared to fight the same.
Furthermore, a/c of your car has to work properly because you cannot do without it when driving in scorching heat. Don the summer look and go for self-drive trip!