Are you excited about wildlife, then, possibly, it can be added as a vital element of self-drive trip. India offers a vast range of prospects which contribute to your intent perfectly. There are various wildlife reserves known for their distinguished attributes. All it takes to make wildlife expedition adventurous is proper planning and initial research about the places to be visited. If you have chosen Rajasthan as the destination to drive to, then, it has in store a variety of wildlife attractions for you. Even though, all the species of fauna in India may differ from each other, but, the common purpose served by the expedition is that of providing lots of fun.
Major cities where you can stop at in order to enjoy safaris include: Jaipur, Jodhpur and Udaipur. If you are starting your self-drive trip from Delhi, then, there is a rich scope of unleashing several national parks.
These national parks are known for their distinguished attributes, varied number of species of animals and other related aspects. As you reach Jaipur, you can plan of taking a halt at Ranthambore National Park. This National Park can be reached at by covering distance of 130 Km from Jaipur. Jungle Safari is an ideal activity to be considered while proceeding with wildlife expedition at Ranthambore. It is a home to large population of Tigers and besides, 270 species of birds can be witnessed over here.
After exploring Ranthambore National Park, you can proceed to Jodhpur, the blue city of Rajasthan. You can complement your wildlife expedition with sightseeing of Jodhpur. Few of the attractions to be explored in this city are: Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhavan Palace, Mahamandir Temple, Ganesha Temple, Balsamand Lake and Gulab Sagar Lake. Before actually returning to Delhi, you can enjoy self-drive trip of Udaipur too. Coming across Pichola Lake, the Lake Palace, Chittaurgarh Fort and Jag Mandir in Udaipur offers you a refreshing touring treat.
Things To Be Kept In Mind
- If you are in a safari mood and wildlife expedition, then, ensure that your vehicle has been suitably chosen. SUV or big vehicle is an ideal choice for getting an adventurous self-drive trip. You also have the option of renting a jeep or SUV after arriving at Ranthambore.
- When leaving for Jaipur, then, make sure that you have chosen Delhi-Jaipur Highway.
- Ensure that car has sufficient fuel because you have to cover a journey of 264 Km to reach Jaipur from Delhi.
- Keep navigator of your car on and if possible, try to insert the details of starting and ending destination.
- Carry a High Definition digital camera to capture the moments of self-drive trip.
Wishing you an adventurous wildlife self-drive trip!